Taber Oscillating Abrasion Tester
- Prior to testing, brush or vacuum any loose abradant that may have fallen onto the instrument housing.
- During testing, it is possible for abradant particles (sand) to be shaken out of the specimen holder tray. To minimize this, a tray cover may be utilized.
- While not in use, close the abradant packaging to prevent contamination.
- After each test, wipe the inside of the specimen holder to remove dust and particulate.
- The oscillating motion of the sand tray may cause the fasteners to loosen over time. Monitor the tightness of all fasteners.